Freight Auditing Frequently Asked Questions
What is freight bill auditing with BlueGrace® Logistics?
BlueGrace® freight invoice audits expose overcharges by the carriers. We currently audit invoices for over 800 locations and our recoveries have been excellent. You simply make available your paid freight invoices and we will audit for overcharges.
How does the freight bill auditing process work?
- Client makes available all paid freight bills of common carriers for the past six months, or since last audit.
- Freight bills are sent to our office where each freight bill is carefully checked to determine if any overpayment has been made, by our client, to the carriers.
- Freight bills are promptly returned to client upon completion of post audit.
- Claims are then prepared on all freight bills where possible overcharges have been found. All such claims are then filed with the respective carriers.
- All communications with the carriers regarding overcharge claims filed by us are handled through our office. (Client does not become involved).
- Refund checks from the carriers are sent to client as received, accompanied by an invoice for our commission, which is fifty percent of the amount recovered. This is our only charge for freight post audit service. If nothing is recovered, there is no charge to you.
What if nothing is recovered?
On the off chance that savings are not uncovered for you, there is no charge from us.