BG Boston Earns National & Greater Boston Area Award
A BlueGrace Logistics regional office, BlueGrace Boston, was recently awarded one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, both in the Greater Boston Area and in the nation.
The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® is a program of the National Association for Business Resources (NABR) that provides the business community with the opportunity to showcase their best practices and demonstrate why they are an ideal employer and workplace. This national program celebrates those companies that are making better business, creating richer lives and building a stronger community as a whole.
This national program celebrates those companies that are making better business, creating richer lives and building a stronger community as a whole.
“While we want to be number one in the 3PL industry, we know that won’t happen without our people. We focus on hiring the right people and then continuing to support them by providing them with a culture they all can thrive in,” said Adam Blankenship, Executive Vice President of Operations at BlueGrace Logistics.
The Best & Brightest competition identifies and honors companies that deliver exceptional human resource practices and an impressive commitment to their employees.
“BlueGrace has strived to create a culture that is truly unlike any other company I have ever worked for. Our Free Beer Friday’s, Free Waffle Wednesday’s and Teammate of the Week programs have fostered a dynamic and social work environment that I am but ecstatic and proud to be a part of. I encourage any motivated and driven graduate to consider applying to BlueGrace and joining our growing Boston family,” said Gabrielle Moody, Recruiter at BlueGrace Boston.
According to the Best & Brightest website, Organizations are assessed based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and much more.
“We retain 84% of all new hires at BlueGrace Logistics and that is huge, considering the amount of growth we have experienced in just the last 18 months,” said Mercedes Essmann, Director of Corporate Recruiting at BlueGrace Logistics.
Over the past year and a half, BlueGrace has created nearly 300 new jobs, more than doubling their job creation goal announced in 2015. The Governor of Florida, Rick Scott recently announced that the company headquarters in Tampa Bay, will continue expanding, with plans to create 300 additional jobs over the next few years.
“What makes me love working at BlueGrace Boston is that I wake up every morning knowing I am going to a place where I will laugh with me friends all day. The people, the competition, and the culture are what making Working at BlueGrace Boston fun… and the beer. Did I mention the beer?” said Allison McCarthy, Account Executive at BlueGrace Boston.
This is one of many awards that BlueGrace Logistics has had the honor of winning over the years.
See below for a list of past awards won by BlueGrace.
- Happiest Company Award, TINYpulse, 2016
- Best Places to Work, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2015, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2015
- Top Minority-Owned Business, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2015
- Happiest Company Award (Transportation and Logistics), TINYpulse, 2015
- Employee Recognition Award (Transportation and Logistics), TINYpulse, 2015
- Entrepreneur of The Year – Florida, Ernst & Young (E&Y), 2014
- Fast 50, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2014
- USF FAST 56 Companies, University of South Florida, 2014
- Top Minority-Owned Business, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2014
- Best Places to Work, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2014
- Best Places to Work, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2013
- 40 Under 40- Bobby Harris, President & CEO, Gulf Coast Business Review, 2013
- USF FAST 56 Companies, University of South Florida, 2013
- Hire Power Award, Inc. Magazine, 2012
- Best Places to Work, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2012
- America’s 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies, Inc. 5000, 2012
- Fast 50, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2012
- Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist (Emerging category), Ernst & Young, 2012
- Sales & Marketing Executive of the Year- Eric Chambers, Transportation Marketing & Sales Association, 2012
- Best Places to Work Finalist (Bigger Category), Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2011
About BlueGrace Logistics:
Founded in 2009, BlueGrace Logistics is one of the fastest growing leaders of transportation management services in North America. As a full service third party logistics provider (3PL), BlueGrace helps businesses manage their less-than-truckload and truckload spend through industry leading technology, high level freight carrier relationships and superior insight of the complex $750 billion U.S. freight industry. BlueGrace is headquartered in Riverview, Florida with over 60 corporate and franchise locations across the U.S. For more information, visit www.mybluegrace.com.
# # #